- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle and gently brush teeth in a circular motion.
- Since your toothbrush can only clean one or two teeth at a time, change its position to properly clean each tooth.
- Gently brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces and the chewing surfaces of all your teeth.
- Use the tip of your brush to clean the inside surfaces of your front teeth using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Be sure not to brush your teeth too hard or use a hard bristled toothbrush, as this can cause your gums to recede and also wears down the tooth structure. These conditions can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Last but not least, remember to brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Do this for two minutes, two times a day, and floss once a day to keep your smile healthy.
For tips on selecting a toothpaste, read “Are you using the right toothpaste?”
Source: American Dental Association