Patients often ask if there is anything else they can do to protect their teeth. In addition to brushing and flossing every day, there are several beneficial products that will help you maintain a healthy smile. Ask Dr. Baker or your dental hygienist which product is best for you.
Our Product Recommendations
With so many products claiming to help patients achieve a brighter, whiter smile, it can be hard to know what actually works. Between dental appointments, our dentists recommend:
- Prescription-strength fluoride toothpaste: Fluoride can help prevent cavities by keeping your tooth enamel strong. A prescription-strength fluoride toothpaste can strengthen weak spots in your teeth where plaque has started to make a dent.
- Prescription-strength fluoride rinse: Like the toothpaste, a fluoride rinse can help keep cavities at bay. We recommend a prescription-strength fluoride rinse that can deliver professional results.
- MI Paste®: This paste is like vitamins for your teeth! MI Paste is a topical cream that you can apply to your teeth, infusing them with important nutrients such as calcium, phosphate and fluoride. It can help reduce tooth sensitivity and keep your tooth enamel strong.
- Whitening pens: Many over-the-counter teeth whitening products are harmful to your teeth. Our dentists can recommend teeth whitening pens that will spot treat any stains or discoloration without causing damage.
- Oral appliances: Do you or your spouse suffer from excessive snoring or sleep apnea? In some cases, an oral appliance can be used as an alternative to CPAP machines. These night guards keep your jaw aligned while you sleep to maintain an open airway. Ask Dr. Baker if a mouth appliance will work for you!
Schedule Your Appointment!
At the office of Jeffrey T. Baker DDS, we’re always happy to answer any questions you might have about your oral health. To make an appointment with our dentists in Shelby Township, MI, call our office at (586) 992-9222 today.