Regular oral examinations can help keep your teeth healthy and strong for years to come.
At a dental exam, we’ll make sure you don’t have any underlying oral health issues that can cause problems down the line.
We can also answer any questions you may have about treatments or restorations you’re interested in.
What Happens During an Oral Examination?
While many people have some degree of dental anxiety, an oral exam is nothing to fear. We strive to ensure a relaxing and welcoming office environment so you know you’re in good hands.
Here’s what you can expect when you come into our office.
- Thorough cleaning and flossing: Our team will clean all of the hard-to-reach areas of your mouth, removing and tartar and lifting surface-level discoloration.
- Full mouth and periodontal (gum) exam: We’ll check your mouth for any sign of oral health issues, including gum disease.
- Oral cancer screening: Our dentists will thoroughly check your mouth for any signs or symptoms of oral cancer.
- Periodic x-rays: You won’t need a every time you stop by our office, but we do recommend them occasionally to help us detect tooth decay, bone loss, or tumors.
- Individual care consultations: We’ll work with you to discuss a treatment plan for any oral health issues we’ve discovered during the appointment, as well as any cosmetic procedures you might be interested in.
You can also ask about our in-office fluoride treatments. While we usually recommend these treatments for children, patients of all ages can benefit from fluoride treatments to help keep cavities at bay. Many insurance plans cover fluoride treatments for all patients.